Wednesday 27 May 2009

About Me

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
The Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger

Well, I'm not going to do a big long introduction. Either you know me, or you don't. I'm probably not going to give this URL to anyone... I'm writing it for me, but if you stumble across it, and find my strange utterances of interest, then I'm glad to make (or keep) your acquaintance.

About a year ago, shortly before my 30th birthday, I started a new job. It seemed, from the outside, perfect. A year later, and it had really got to me. I turn 31 on Monday, and I've recently left my job to find something new. I don't know if that'll be a full time job, or something part time, or even volunteering... exciting isn't it?

Everyone keeps telling me how 'brave' I am for jumping ship without a lifeboat. I suspect this to be a kindly way of saying 'Are you out of your tiny little mind!!! It's the worst economy since the mammoth fur industry crashed' They may well be right. All I know is yesterday was the first day in a very long time I didn't wake up thinking 'Holy heck... I need to go back to that place again'

I shall be filling this blog up with tales of excitement, such as what I'm doing with the day. Expect a lot of updates about snogging cats. I'm not looking for a job for a little while.... I'm looking for me instead.

I also have a sister blog, all about vegan foods... check it out if yummy eats are your thang.

Ps. Despite the introduction, I'm honestly not a serial killer... much.

No comments:

Post a Comment