Wednesday 27 May 2009

Day Two

Well, today I didn't get off my booty straight away, not actually doing anything until just before 9am. I then tottered into the kitchen, made two batches of caramelised onions (One with a honey and balsamic glaze, the other just plain) and then emptied and refilled the freezer, throwing out some homemade veggie marshmallows, which had just plum refused to work.

After that, I reseasoned my cast iron skillet (which has just beeped in the oven) and started on the cupboards. About 10 mins ago, the front door knocked, and there is a nice postman there with my kefir grains. The pot had broken in the post, so they were leaking... but I think they will be okay. They are now sat in some soy milk.

I know some vegans might be a bit 'oooooh, naughty lady' because these were originally cultured in milk... but hey ho... how else am I to get kefir? I think it'll be a nice change from yoghurt in cooking/smoothies and cheaper too.

Next up, I'm going to eat the last of the licorice, and then get on with the rest of tidy the cupboards. I suspect I'll go up to the supermarkets after I've spoken to my husband at lunch, and see what they have on special.

I've also found I'm overwhelmed with broccoli stalks in the freezer, so I might have to think of something to do with them. I mean, how to prep them... the obvious thing is to eat them, but how? World of possibilities awaits me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment